Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tiffany's Healthy Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Hello my Sparklies!!! Today you are in for a special healthy treat! Tiffany's Healthy Chocolate Fudge Brownies, recipe by Yours Truly.  So today I was totes craving a brownie, but I can't keep my skinny girl figure if I eat brownies every day! So I came up with a healthy brownie that tastes amazing and very chocolaty, while still being only 100 calories per piece!

















Looks AMAZING, right?

Here is the recipe:

Tiffany's Healthy Chocolate Fudge Brownies:
-1/2 cup Cocoa Powder 
-1 cup All Purpose Flour
-1/2 Baking Powder
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1 tsp Instant Coffee Granules (this is optional, but great for coffee addicts like me!)
-1 cup Truvia, Truvia Baking Blend, Splenda, or Sugar.(Personally, I am a fan of Truvia because it is natural)
-1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
-6 Tbsp Silken Tofu 
-2/3 cup Greek Yogurt (I use vanilla flavored, but plain works fine too!)
-2 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1/2 cup Coconut or Vegetable Oil
-2 Tbsp Milk

Frosting:
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Coconut Oil or Softened Butter

*Optional
-Sprinkles

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Mix all brownie ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Pour mix into greased baking dish and baked for 35-40 minutes. To make the frosting combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix well. When brownies come out of the oven let cool for 10 minutes, then spread frosting on top of the brownies, and top with sprinkles if desired. If you want warm glazed brownies, eat right away. If you prefer a fudge-like frosting, refrigerate brownies. 


You know the best part? These brownies are so good, people will never guess they are hiding healthy ingredients like tofu and greek yogurt. When my boyfriend tried these he had NO CLUE they were even remotely healthy, until he caught my smirk and questioned their orgins. These brownies remind me of one of my favorite quotes from the movie 2 Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant.

 "Let me put it this way, I'm eating a piece of cheesecake made entirely of soy; and I hate it, but I'm eating it."

Of course you will NOT hate these brownies, but I still like the quote. :)
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment