Monday, March 11, 2013

Whats in Your Travel Bag?

Hello Sparklies!! If there is one thing I absolutely adore (besides glitter!) it is traveling! I took my first flight before I could walk, and now take at least 5 trips a year. My most recent trip was to beautiful south Florida!! In the middle of winter, I need to escape to somewhere warm, and work on my tan. :) Now for those of you who don't know I am a compulsive list maker, and extensive researcher. I believe I have read just about every travel themed article on the internet. Seriously. So, I decided, being the experienced traveler I am, it was time for me to write a travel article of my own. For my first article, I have decided to write about the journey, rather than the destination. For me, the journey usually takes place in a car, because I take lots of road trips. Today I'm going to share my essentials for making it through a roadtrip, whether the trip is 2 hours, or 12. Here is a picture of what I take in my personal travel bag.


I pack it all in my trusty IZOD tote.  Here is the breakdown:
1. Magazines I LOVE magazines, they keep me entertained for hours!
2. Journal I always keep a journal when I travel, because you think you will remember all the amazing stuff you did, but you don't.
3. DKNY Socks Okay, so they don't have to be designer, but socks are a MUST. They keep your feet nice and warm in a cold car, or drafty airplane.
4. Kindle or Books So, as you can see, I'm bringing a Kindle, and a book. Most people just need one or the other, but I have this irrational fear of not having anything to read. "What if my kindle dies?" What if my book gets wet?" "WHAT WILL I DO THEN?!?!?" So I bring both, just to be safe.
5. Cell phone No, that sparkly little thing is not my iPhone, but I needed my iPhone to take the picture, so I used the *shutters* flip phone instead.
6. Hand Sanitizer Airplanes are dirty, cars are dirty, the world is dirty. Use hand sanitizer.
7. Lipstick, Powder, Deodorant, Lip Balm Just because you are traveling doesn't mean you have to look and smell bad.
8. Lotion Airplanes especially are EXTREMELY dry.
9. Wipes My favorite wipes are Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes. They are gentle enough to use on your skin, especially your face, but in a pinch, they can also be used to clean up spills.
10. Tide Pen  For those "oops!" moments.
11. iPod, headphones Music makes everything better! Time flies when I have my headphones in!
12. Notepad Because I am a compulsive list maker, and need to make lists all the time.
13. Gum If you are flying, gum can help you clear your ears. If you are driving, gum is still good. :)
14. Snacks You need to eat! Normally I am a big promoter of healthy foods (notice the Fiber One bar) but you can still eat Goldfish and M&Ms once in a while. P.S. I did not eat those M&Ms, but the did come in handy when bribing small children to sit quietly.
15. Bottled Water I get dehydrated really easily. And when I get dehydrated, I get headaches. And I don't like headaches. So I drink lots of water when I travel.

So there it is! My very first travel article! I know there will be lots more in the future. Thanks for reading!
Leave me a comment! Whats in your travel bag?
<3 Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment