Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Resolutions!!!!!

Good Morning my Sparklies!! It's the start of a new year, and you know what that means, it's time once again to make new years resolutions! Now for some people resolutions are a love-hate sort of thing.  Resolutions have a bad rap because most of the time people make resolutions, and then never do anything about them, so they never get anything done. For some reason people think that if they resolve to lose 10lbs, they will be able to do so, without ever leaving the couch. But, when a new year rolls around and they discover that they have not lost weight, rather they have added a few pounds, they hate the resolutions that didn't come true.  People these days seem to view resolutions as a wish, you simply make the wish, and expect it to come true, without any actions to help towards this wish. I am here today to tell you the sad truth: there is not resolution-granting genie out there. Now that we got that out of the way, I'd like to share my resolutions with you, and my plan to accomplish them. Here are my 2013 Resolutions:
1. Be healthier
2. Complain less
3. To eat more organic foods
4. To add sparkle to every day
5. To be more organized


Now six resolutions may not seem like very many, but you have to keep in mind that this is not a wish list, it's more like a checklist. If you think of each resolution as a task you need to complete, you will (hopefully) set more attainable goals.
If you start reading through my resolutions list, you probably won't make it past #1 without questioning it. Most people would read "Be healthier" as "Lose weight", because "Lose weight" is the #1 resolution in America. But no, I am not disguising "Lose weight" with " Be healthier", when I say "Be healthier" it has nothing to do with weight.  In this coming year, I want to live healthier by eating better, sleeping more, getting enough excercise, and taking care of myself.  Now granted, when I do these things, I might lose a little weight, but thats not why I'm doing it, I'm doing it to Be healthier. Now #2 on my list is: Complain less. I have a confession, I complain...a lot. So, is year I am going to make a conscious effort to complain less. 
Okay, #3 Eat more organic foods. For years I viewed organic foods as bad quality produce, with a high price tag. But between tasting really fresh organic foods, researching the merits of organic foods, and learning about the dangers of GMOs, I am convinced that organic foods are way more healthy. (this kind of goes with my first resolution!) In the beginning, a lot of the organic food I ate was small, tasteless, and discolored, making me wish for the huge brightly colored fruit I was used to. But then I realized that what I was eating, was not a good reflection of all organic foods. The fruit that I dislike, was merely a bad apple in the bunch, and the store where I had purchased it, was not the best source for organic foods. After doing some research I found a local co-op that supplies people with fresh locally grown & produced organic foods. Since I have discovered it, I have had some of the best eggs, cheese, fruits, and meats that I have ever tasted, all of which, are organic. In addition, I also learned of a local farmers market that sells tons of organic produce during the spring and summer months.
#4 is: To add sparkle to everyday. Now please don't think that this is some cheesy air headed thing, I'm not talking about actually putting sparkle on everything (glittered refrigerators just don't work for me) when I use the word "sparkle" here, its more like, excitement, happiness,joy, ect. It means adding brightness to each day.
My last, and certainly not least resolution is: Be more organized. I consider myself a fairly organized person, but there are definitely things I need to work on when it comes to organization.
Now these are not my "wishes" for the year. They are goals that I aim to achieve, during the year I will post ideas and inspiration, on how to accomplish these things, along with updates on how I'm doing with them.
I'd love to hear what your resolutions are, leave me a comment and tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment