Friday, January 11, 2013

Keep Calm & Eat Yogurt (Greek that is)

Good Morning my sparklies!!! Ahh, morning. It's my favorite time of the day. Even though I love staying out late partying, (sometimes), theres nothing like the early morning.  To me, morning is when everything starts afresh. You have a new outlook on a new day. The world is quiet, and then it slowly awakens. ( I know, this is pretty deep)  *tee hee* Another reason why I love mornings, is because they contain my favorite meal of the day, Breakfast!!! Now I know people make a big deal over breakfast.  People say: "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day", "Eat breakfast to lose weight", "Kids that don't eat breakfast do poorly at school", it goes on, and on. But thats not why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love breakfast foods, and the freedom to eat whatever I choose. Oftentimes, your mother will make you dinner, or you will be out at a restaurant after work, and lunch was a granola bar you found in your purse, so sometimes you don't really get to pick out what exactly you are eating for those meals. But breakfast gives you the freedom to eat cereal, or leftover pizza, what freedom. :) My mantra for breakfast is:

Yes, yogurt, but more specifically, Greek yogurt. While yogurt itself has many benefits, its quick to eat, helps your digestive track, and is really all around healthy, Greek Yogurt is even better. Greek Yogurt has TONS of protein, so it can be your whole breakfast! I love Greek Yogurt because on rushed days, I can just grab one and it on my way to work, or on relaxed days I can dress it up with fresh berries, or anything else my heart desires. It is also fat free, low in calories, and many brands now have less sugar. Resolution #1 this year for me, was Be Healthier, and I can accomplish that by eating Greek Yogurt! Instead of a doughnut, (and I do like doughnuts) I have a wholesome meal, all in one little cup. I love to try all different brands and flavors of Greek Yogurt, so I am so excited for the releasing of these little fellows.

These Chobani bites will be hitting shelves soon! They are a new snack size of the Greek Yogurt you know and love, but these come in sophisticated flavors! The four new flavors are: Fig with Orange Zest, Caramel with Pineapple, Coffee with Dark Chocolate Drops, and last, but most certainly NOT least, Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Drops. Mmm! Just writing about them makes me hungry! Obviously, Chobani is out to prove that yogurt is no longer just a breakfast food. I can definitely see myself curling up on the couch at night eating on of these babies while watching The Devil Wears Prada (I just love Anne Hathaway!) Have you tried them yet? Let me know which new flavor is your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment